Fashion

Wednesday 19 August 2015

This is what a feminist looks like...


Okay so this is a bit different to my previous posts, I am going to talk about feminism. Previously I spoke of Emma Watsons interview in ELLE last year, it made me see just how important this is. Ever since her speech at the UN for her campaign ‘he for she’ I realized how because I am a girl I am not allowed to do certain things because of my gender.                       


Girls aren’t expected to be brave or strong, they are to be protected by boys, which I don’t think is right. For years in the past women were treated as less valuable than men and although we are now legally the same, we get the same pay, the same rights we are not treated the same in society. I think what is a commonly mistaken of being a feminist for boys is that is bed. Feminism by definition is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. It is the theory of political, economic and social equality of the sexes.  Many people think feminism is about women being greater then men, but its not its about us being equal.




Alot of men in the public eye have expressed their support of the ‘he for she’ campaign and how they are showing themselves as feminist. I think this helps other men realize it isn’t bad to be a feminist, it’s actually a good thing. Celebrities supporting the cause are Benedict Cumberbatch, Eddie Redmayne, Tinnie Tempah, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg. 



No comments:

Post a Comment